To provide financial assistance to students with financial need, who are enrolled in graduate programs in public affairs, public service or public administration.
- Are Texas residents;
- Show financial need;
- Are enrolled as graduate students in public affairs, public service or public administration;
- Intend to work in Texas after completing their graduate studies; and
- Register for Selective Service or be exempt from this requirement.
- Only in-state (Texas) colleges or universities may participate in the program.
- Only public or private, non-profit college or universities may participate in the program (no private, for-profit colleges or universities may participate).
No award received through this program may exceed the average statewide amount of tuition and required fees that a resident student enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program would be charged at a general academic teaching institution (GATI). The annual award will be determined each year by the selection committee.
The Deans of colleges of public affairs, public service and public administration, at eligible colleges or universities, may submit applications for two students per year to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). The recipient is selected by a committee at the THECB. Applications submitted by Deans are due to the THECB by February 22nd of each year.