To provide financial assistance to help youth ages 16 - 23 to begin, continue or complete postsecondary education and training programs.
- Are between the ages of 16 and 21 who have a high school diploma or equivalent and are attending a Texas public or private college that provides a bachelor's degree or not less than a two-year program that provides credit towards an associate's degree or certificate;
- Are beyond the age of compulsory school attendance (age 18) and are attending an accredited or preaccredited program that provides not less than one year of training toward gainful employment;
- Are in TDFPS foster care and who are at least 16 years old and are likely to remain in foster care until age 18;
- Have aged out of TDFPS foster care, but have not yet turned 21; or
- Are adopted from TDFPS foster care after turning 16 years old who are not yet 21.
- Contact your college.
- Contact Us!
Youth participating in the education and training voucher program on their 21st birthday can remain eligible until age 23 as long as they are enrolled and making satisfactory progress toward completing their postsecondary education or training program.
The voucher may be used at any Texas public or private educational institution that is accredited or granted preaccredited status. A listing of accredited Texas institutions is available online.
The education and training voucher can be used to cover the cost of attendance (tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation, child care and some personal expenses or $5,000 per year, whichever amount is less.