Applying for financial aid requires a little work on your part. But the fact is, you won't receive assistance unless you ask for it. And asking for it means completing a few forms.
There are three very important things to remember about applying for aid:
- You only have to complete one financial aid application (either the FAFSA or the TASFA) to start the process.
- The financial aid office at the college you plan to attend will be in charge of awarding you financial aid.
- Deadlines matter! The earlier you submit your forms, the more likely you are to get a good financial aid package.
Types of Financial Aid
You and your family can choose from many different types of financial aid. Some are based on financial need, and some on academic performance. Others are tied to a student's or family's ability to borrow. Not all colleges and universities participate in all programs, but the more you know about financial aid, the better prepared you’ll be. Here you’ll find links to the many kinds of financial aid available to students attending Texas colleges and universities. You can also search for a particular program using the search box above.
- State and Federal Grants and Scholarships
- Private/Corporate Grants and Scholarships
- Loan Repayment Programs
- Tax Credits and Other Programs
- Waiver Programs
- Work Study Programs
- $1000 Tuition Rebate Program
Need more information? Still have questions? We're here to help guide you through the financial aid process. Give us a call at 1-888-311-8881.