To provide a waiver of nonresident tuition for students from Mexico with financial need to enroll in certain public institutions in Texas while paying the resident tuition rate.
- Students who are citizens of Mexico, residing in Mexico;
- Demonstrate financial need; and
- Attend an eligible Texas institution.
Limited to Texas public universities and counties bordering Mexico, including:
- Sul Ross State University
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Texas Southmost College
- Texas State Technical College-Harlingen
- the University of Texas at Brownsville
- the University of Texas at El Paso, and
- the University of Texas Pan American.
The process for applying for a tuition waiver varies from college to college. Normally, the office of the registrar processes tuition waivers. However, waivers may also be processed by the admissions office and/or financial aid.
Generally, student eligibility for a waiver must be established prior to or at the time of enrollment. Contact your college for additional information.
- To read more about this program check out:
Texas Education Code 54.231(b) or Coordinating Board Rule, Chapter 21, Subchapter BB, Section 29 (Pertaining to Exceptions).
- Contact Us!