Exemptions are a type of financial assistance allowing some Texas residents to attend a public college or university in Texas without paying tuition or, in some cases, tuition and fees.
- Combat Exemption for Children of Military Service Members
- Hazlewood Exemption (for Texas Veterans)
- Military: Children of U.S. Military who are Missing in Action or Prisoners of War (MIA/POWs)
- Military: Orphans of Texas Members of the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard
- Military: Texas National Guard Tuition Assistance Program