If you did not select Texas as your "Home of Record" when you entered the service, and you have not taken steps to change your permanent residence with the military to Texas, you are classified as a Non-Texan for tuition-paying purposes.
As a Non-Texan service member, you, your spouse and your dependent children must pay the non-resident tuition rate unless you qualify for a waiver under Texas statutes. For more information about waiver programs, select the program category that best applies to you.
Non-Texan Tuition Waivers:
- Assigned to duty in Texas
- After assignment in Texas
- If family intent is to make Texas home
- Spouse and dependents who previously lived in Texas
- Honorably discharged, separated or retired veterans who move to Texas
- NATO forces
- Radiological Science students of Midwestern State University
Please note: To apply for a waiver program, you'll need documents from the military showing that you meet the requirements of the program for which you're applying.